Flowerish afternoons

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Special places are for special people. And every moment could be turned into a very special experience if those are combined. There are people who desperately look for this place that would make their day. I myself have had some very unfortunate attempts, and maybe you should be ready to be disappointed once or twice. But that will surely not happen if someone tells you where the right place is.
For me, it is The Secret Garden. El Jardin Secreto is not so secret now for a long time, since there’s always a line of people waiting to have the chance and sit, and enjoy a hot chocolate. In that sense, the place is quite famous amongst people, who have already been there once or twice. Because once you’ve visited it, it’s such an irresistible temptation to go back, and back…and back.
It is the most extraordinary mix of styles and objects I have seen. Sometimes I wonder, how these guys have gathered such uniqueness. Another riddle seems to be the combination of these shockingly different things in one space, and such a small one! I guess the secret is the light – they open only after 6:30 pm, after the sunset, so that the little festive lights insight lighten only what they want you to see, and in the way they want you to see it.
And it feels like home! So wonderfully cozy and pleasant, makes every minute spent there enjoyable! Okay, I know I sound like a gospel song right now, but believe me, there is much of that feeling when you go to the Secret Garden!

Now, the chocolate. WHAAAT can I tell about the chocolate? You know Madrid and those 458394123856 places that you could find for breakfast chocolate con churros. Well, this one’s NOTHING like it. A huge variety of hot chocolate, served in the most beautiful cups (looks like porcelain). My most favorite detail are the little bear-shaped biscuits they serve you the chocolate with, so cuuute! I can tell a lot about the flavors…from a classic After eight, to one with Sicilian tangerines ice-cream, typical Spanish “violetas” ice-cream, raspberry marmalade, spiced with black pepper, and of course, the fantastic Persia – with rose
petals. And you enjoy every last bit of it!

Then there are the cakes. Well, definitely, it was a BIG discovery trying their carrot cake. Youu wiiill love it! And, of course, all kinds of chocolate orgies for those who want to get fat and happy (not just happy, but veery happy)!
As I have seen many times, but never tried, there is some serious food as well, I mean, you can calmly have dinner there. For that you MUST reserve and you MUST do it calling in their working hours! I am sure it will deserve the effort!
I am not willing and not going to reveal to you any more secrets, cause you are the one who have to find it for yourselves. It is surprising how after so many visits, this place can always offer you something more. I guess that’s why it’s called The Secret Garden, one is never able to truly find all its treasures!

P.S. The chocolate and carrot-cake season is NOW, people, and they will change them with fruity lemonades and ice-creams when it gets warmer, so hurry up!
P.S.2 I don’t know why in my previous post there was a P.S.3, since the second doesn’t really exist. Anyway, wishing you a very good day!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    tu blog siempre va de comida y de engordar?

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Nosotros fuimos al jardín secreto?

  1. Julie said...:

    Mi blog va de cosas chulas! Ya vendran mas cosas (para engordar)

Post a Comment